Removing stretch marks is not that simple. These are scars that happen when your skin may stretch beyond its limits. However, with time, stretch marks may fade a little. You may accelerate the process with natural ingredients like aloe vera. Aloe vera has healing properties that make it ideal for fading these scars.
Here in this article, we will see how stretch marks appear on the skin and how you can remove them!
How and Who Get stretch marks?
Stretch marks occur when your skin is pulled by instant development or stretching. Though your skin is typically reasonably elastic, the normal formation of collagen (the main protein that makes up or organizes the connective tissue in the human skin) is damaged when it is overstretched. As a result, scars known as stretch marks may produce.
If you are observing stretch marks on your body, you are not alone. The majority of young girls and aged females have them, typically on their thighs, breasts, hips, and butt. Many females face them during pregnancy. Stretch marks are typical skin issues of girls, but boys can also have them whenever their skin tone is disturbed.
Obese and overweight people often have stretch marks. Bodybuilders are vulnerable to have stretch marks due to the spontaneous body changes that can occur with bodybuilding. Individuals who utilize skin creams with steroids or ointments ( like hydrocortisone) may also have stretch marks for over a few weeks. That is why they need to do something against these face problems to get rid of all issues.
At first, stretch marks appear on the skin as reddish or purplish lines with a different texture from the skin around them. Stretch marks often turn lighter and almost disappear with time.
Benefits of Aloe Vera For Stretch Marks
Aloe vera is a common plant renowned for its skin healing features. Applying aloe vera on the skin helps moisturize skin. Using a small quantity of aloe vera to the face helps treat different skin problems, including stretch marks, eczema, acne, and sunburn. A person may utilize the aloe vera gel directly from an aloe vera plant or purchase a bottled variety from a health store.
Aloe vera is a cactus-like plant that develops in desert areas around the world. Its leaves form a gel that is high in vitamins A, C, E, and B12.
Using aloe vera on the face having stretch marks has benefits as;
- Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties that may minimize pain, swelling, and soreness of wounds or injuries.
- The leaves of aloe vera improve collagen formation and release that play a vital role in fading your stretch marks.
- The aloe vera gel also increases the wound healing time and prevents scarring. It also reduces the healing time of first-degree or second-degree burns.
- The aloe vera gel is efficient in treating fungal and bacterial infections. It results in the improvement of your skin’s ability to look young and stretch-free.
- Aloe vera also has an antioxidant effect that helps repair sun damage and minimize your skin’s aging procedure. It also has the ability to protect your skin from the damaging influences of radiation therapy.
- Aloe vera consists of 97 % water that aid in moisturizing, soothe, or hydrate your skin. It also helps to make your skin more and instead of stiff and leathery. This natural healer has a cooling influence on rashes or sunburns.
How You Can Use Aloe Vera for Strech Marks?
We all know that aloe vera functions as a natural healing agent. You may utilize this to treat your stretch marks. To use this remedy, you have to eliminate the aloe vera leaf’s outer layer and get the sticky aloe vera gel from the inside of its leaves. Then massage this natural gel on your skin and allow it to stay for 15 to 30 minutes. After this, remove this gel with warm water.
You may even utilize aloe vera gel with coconut oil together to get rid of stretch marks. First, take a small-sized bowl and add one tbsp of virgin coconut oil. Next, include freshly extracted aloe vera gel and mix them well. Now, use a small quantity of mixture on these stretch marks. For the best outcomes, you can use it on a regular basis.
Risk And consideration
Aloe vera is safe for almost all people, especially for skincare concerns like acne, stretch marks, blackheads, and many more. Typically, it is well tolerated and avoids skin irritations or allergic reactions.
But there are some risk and considerations related to aloe vera that you need to know for safety, like;
- Never use it for severe cuts or burns.
- Pay heed to how your body reacts to aloe vera. Notice if you feel any sensitivities or harmful effects.
- Avoid using aloe vera if you are allergic to onions, garlic, or tulips.
- Do not take aloe vera within two weeks of any scheduled surgery.
- Females who are pregnant or breastfeeding, and kids under the age of 11, must avoid the oral usage of aloe vera.
- Carefully follow the details when using aloe vera products.
- The laxative effect of this plant’s latex has the ability to cause diarrhea or stomach problems. These impacts may suppress the absorption of oral drugs and minimize their effectiveness.
Avoid taking aloe vera internally if you have the following conditions:
- Kidney problems
- renal issue
- heart problem
- Crohn’s condition
- ulcerative colitis
- intestinal obstruction
Aloe Vera is known for centuries for its skincare properties. Not only for stretch marks, but you can also use it for other skin problems like skin burn, irritation, redness, and many more. But for safety reasons, you need to read our instructions first. But overall, it is a natural solution for plenty of skin problems, and you cannot ignore this fact.
Other Article that you may interested: